2. Opening your document in Q&A mode
To create a questionnaire, start by opening the underlying document in Assemble document mode by clicking on the pencil icon . For the purpose of this tutorial, let’s take the non-disclosure agreement you created previously.
You can either open a copy (by clicking the title of the document in your main menu or “open copy” in your document library) or you can open the document itself (by clicking the “pencil icon” in your main menu or “open” in your document library). In this case, you need to click on the pencil icon, because questionnaires can only be generated from already-saved documents. (If you would open a copy of the document, then you would need to save it first before you can generate a questionnaire out of it.)
Note that, even if you open a copy, any changes made to the library clauses themselves are reflected in the main document as well, since they are stored centrally. In this tutorial, you want to open the main document, not a copy.
Then, navigate to the icon on the right-hand side of the screen and click .
You will be greeted with a screen like this:
You will probably be familiar with a lot of the buttons you see here but let’s break them down regardless:
- These four buttons allow you to switch between the four main contexts of the Design Q&A Mode: File Manager Context, Options Context, Editing Context or Simulation Context.
- Save the current Q&A session.
- Switch the language of the Q&A session.
- Show or hide invisible clauses.
- Determine how many different panes are visible in the Editing Context, as further explained below.
- Reload the underlying document or binder. This button should only be used when some changes made by you or some other user, are not yet reflected in the document preview.
- Undo or redo.
Panes and their contents
In the Editing Context, you can choose between having a single, two or three different “panes” visible on the screen. Each of these panes can show one of the following types of contents, as determined by the blue button in the upper left corner of the screen (e.g.: ):
for creating and editing “cards” with groups of questions
allows you to quickly create "cards" in batch, on the basis of the datafields in the underlying document or binder
for creating and editing changes to the underlying documents or binders, typically in reaction to the answers given by the user
previews the (unmodified) underlying document or binder
allows you to copy cards and changes between different Q&A Sessions
previews the cards you created through the cards pane
allows you to change the contents of a clause selected in the document/binder preview pane